Fridges don't usually damage electronic equipment. I'm in a 70s build
detached house and my fridge is also on a circuit with other things. If the
circuit is overdrawn it will trip the fuse. When the fridge is initially
starting up the compressor my lights will momentarily dim.

Most power surges that I've heard that damage electronic equipment are from
lightning strikes.

Don