From: talk <talk-boun...@gtalug.org> On Behalf Of Karen Lewellen via talk
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 9:25 PM
To: talk@gtalug.org
Cc: Karen Lewellen <klewel...@shellworld.net>
Subject: [GTALUG] Linux friendly email providers?

Hi folks,
let me be more specific..some of you tech wizards run your own mail servers
laughs.
for context, although google is removing access to basic html in January, they
pulled my access to it early..and without warning on Monday.
So, what I am seeking now is a provider that  can..
  1, allow me to export all of my gmail content to them.
2, either allows for user name / password log in directly with a web interface,
or where I can ssh into a shell or workspace and find an email client, think
Alpine for example.
3, where I can also send email, in theory once I have all of my gmail content,
I can set that email to forward without losing access to a great deal of
personal, professional, and legal files.
Yes, something like Mutt might or might be configured for imap.gmail.com
However, I am not a programmer, and given all the changes google is making,
wonder how long they will allow third party access of that type.
Would rather locate something Linux friendly,  and even pay for a door then
need to construct my own house if that makes sense.
any good options?
Kare

---
Post to this mailing list talk@gtalug.org Unsubscribe from this mailing list