From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of RajTribhuwan via Talk
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 7:35 PM
To: 'Van Lant, Robin'; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: headphone jack in laptops

No good on the better headphone!

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rtrib=rogers....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Talk
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:57 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: OT: headphone jack in laptops

To those audio equipment gurus out on the list...

I have a laptop at work and one at home.  I have a pair of stereo earphones
I use at work when taking notes in meetings.  When I plug them into the jack
on my HP laptop, I have to slightly pull them out to have the volume at
normal levels.  When I plug this same pair of earphones into my Toshiba home
laptop, I don't hear anything unless I pull it out to a very precarious
place that it will not stay on its own.

I found another pair of cheap earphones at home and these work fine in both
laptops.  The plugs on both earphones seem identical to my novice touch.
Any idea why the higher quality earphones have such an issue in the laptops
and why they would perform differently, even though the plugs look the same?
I'll use the cheaper earphones for now, but they have a tinny sound quality
that isn't great, so I'll want to think about different ones, but I don't
want to buy new ones if they won't work. The good news here is that it's not
my laptop jack, which was my first fear when the other earphones didn't
work.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager
Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance
720-304-1060 | robin_van_l...@key.com

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
from Key send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.