Hi Rick, and this is for everyone too trying out CapEnhance,

A couple of things in your note I'd like to respond to.
First, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a synthesizer which did not
support pitch changes.
If this were so, then, for the synthesizer in question, it would be
impossible to change pitch on the fly using the speech parameters hotkeys.
Does this actually ever happen, namely, that you cannot change pitch use
thing those hotkeys?
CapEnhance uses exactly the same method of changing pitch as the user does
using hotkeys.
Second, in my latest version of CapEnhance, I inserted a routine which
temporarily disables both the screen and keyboard capitalization before
speaking a cap and then resets them to their previous states.
This was to address the problem you had with my earlier version of the app
which produced choppy speech even with Eloquence.
Of course, I'm no wizard, and who can know what effect the app will have
with all of the various synthesizers, not to mention audio devices and their
accompanying software.
One thing I could do is produce a version of the app which allows for tone
changes for caps along with pitch.
Again, only real-world testing would prove its effectiveness.
This app was my attempt to help you out in your difficulties, and, while I'm
glad it works for you with Eloquence, I had serious doubts whether it would
help everybody with all synthesizers. Smile
Indeed, I have noticed a little delay when moving over caps using the
Microsoft Speech Platform synthesizer.
Ah, but this is how we learn and progress, isn't it? smile

Thanks to you and everyone for the feedback, and please keep it coming.

Best regards,

Rod