I'm using Windows-7, MS-word 10 and WE 9.1. Over the past couple of months,
I've had a recurring problem: when I initially open an already-created
document in MS Word, WE does not read anything. I open the document, wait a
few seconds, then usually WE is silent; I arrow up and down,  to the right,
left, and WE reads nothing. Sometimes if I wait 30 seconds or so the
document will be there and I can read it; sometimes if I alt-tab away and
alt-tab back, WE reads the document as I would expect.

I don't recall this behavior with previous versions of WE and I haven't made
any changes to my Word configuration that I know of.

What's happening and how can I fix it?

Word behaves as expected using JAWS.

Thanks.

 John