From: Larry Higgins [mailto:larryhiggin...@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:01 AM
To: Rod Hutton; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: A weird one

Hello Rob, and thanks for your suggestion.

With the exception of putting a shortcut for my favorites folder on the
desktop, I did what you suggested by using the send too option for the
favorites folder entry. I do use this method quite often when wanting to
make desktop shortcuts, and would have done so in this instance
immediately if I hadn't been rather obsessed with the weirdness in the
favorites menu in IE. I just can't figure out what might be causing this
behavior, and especially its theoretical explanation Courtesy of
Windows. I've never had that happen for as long as I've been a 'puter
user, and that's been a long time.

Someone mentioned the possibility of faulty permissions, but I dunno.
Since I am the only user of this PC, then I guess I should make all
permissions wide open, and I wouldn't have to put up with the nagging
every time I want to perform a simple function such as deleting a file,
or installing a program. OK, I know, installing apps or programs is a
pretty serious consideration, but again, it's just me after all. But
even after all these years, I'm still Leary of messing too much with
permissions, as strange as that might seem. Kind of along the lines of
if it aint broke don't fix it.

On the whole though, I think I like your suggestions for creating
favorites shortcuts rather  than using the send too option in IE's
favorites menu. But still, this function shouldn't return a response
like that one. I'm still somewhat baffled.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Larry

On 5/16/2015 10:21 PM, Rod Hutton wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> May I suggest you go to your user folder, the icon for which is probably
on
> your desktop.
> Once this folder opens, press the letter F to highlight the Favorites
> folder.
> Then, press the Applications key or Shift-F10, arrow down to Send to,
press
> Enter to expand this, and arrow down to Desktop (Create shortcut), and
press
> Enter again.
> Close your user folder since you're done using it.
> Now you'll have a Favorites icon on your desktop.
> Now, when you want to copy an icon to your desktop, click the Favorites
icon
> on your desktop, which will open the Favorites folder, which contains all
> your link shortcuts.
> >From here, you should be able to use normal copy and paste keystrokes to
> copy any of your link shortcuts to your desktop.
> I figure you should be able to also use Send to as well to send a shortcut
> to your desktop, but, because of the problem you've had, perhaps not, but
> you could try it.
> Note that this method of locating link shortcuts is easier to work with
> since you can sort them as you do any files in a typical explorer view.
>
> Hth,
>
> Rod

Behalf

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/clgilland07%40