Hi Again:
I had turned of the mouse voice setting and the phantom speech went away for
at least several days.
I did encounter problems reading some context menu items and when I turned
the mouse voice back on they read properly.
During testing I have set the mouse voice up quite a bit so I can instantly
recognize when it speaks.
Yesterday twice, out of being on the computer most of the day, I heard the
mouse voice speak what I had either tabbed to or arrowed over - I forget if
the normal voice spoke the same text after and was waiting for it to happen
again to detail the problem but it has not happened again yet.
I don't remember if I was in a context menu, on the Desktop or in Internet
Explorer but for sure the mouse is reading things behind the scenes without
any user interaction as Jim had mentioned and why I tried turning the mouse
voice off.
As I told Chris I have the track mouse with cursor csetting turned off in
the WE Control Panel dialog.
Just a heads up that WE will try to speak things without any user
interaction requesting speech via what seems to be mouse movement behind the
scenes and is required, likely, for WE to handle some things like that
situation with the Context Menu not reading all the entries unles I arrowed,
cycled through it a few times.
So, with the mouse voice on I get one set of phantom speech and perhaps
focus problems and with the mouse voice off I get a diferent set of problems
and focus problems - considering not being able to find to click on a
context menu item a focus problem which it actually may not be but then if
you cant read it you cant focus it.
I did find the missing menu items even with the mouse voice turned off, by
cycling through what sounded like a changing set of MenuItems a couple of
times and they were spoken by the correct cursor voice.
I wonder if that was due to turning the mouse voice feature back on or if it
is a timing problem with WindowEyes code base and, or, scripts.
I was in the My Computer list of available folders I think so may try to
reproduce it by turning the mouse voice on and off and trying that windows
feature to see if it is reproducable.
What a hassle, good thing WindowEyes is pretty much free.
Rick USA
Rick USA