I don't know if they were making a big deal of the icon so much as they were concerned whether or not they would be able to use windows 10 with their current copy of window eyes 9.1. We have not heard much from a i square if they are working to get an upgrade to work with windows 10. Anyway we got a month before it is released.

On 6/25/2015 9:54 AM, Pamela Dominguez via Talk wrote:
Yes, I was also wondering why people have been making such a big deal
about a harmless little icon in the system tray.  It surprised me when I
first saw it, but then I just ignored it.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Massey via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:37 PM
To: 'Pastor Gil Pries' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Windows 10 Question

Well, you can't get the item out of the system tray.  It's not hurting
anything.  You canceled your reservation for Windows 10, therefore, you
have
nothing to be concerned about.  From the various comments, I am thinking
that folks are making more out of the issue than there really is.   in my
opinion.  Even if you hadn't canceled your reservation for Windows 10, you
are under no obligation to install it.  All of the information is on the
site where you reserve or cancel your Windows 10 upgrade.  Oh, yes, I
reserved a copy of Windows 10 on my computer running Windows 8.1 as well as
my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit.

Mike M

P.S.  Like I mentioned earlier, I checked to see if the get Windows 10
button is in the system tray, and indeed it is still there.  I wasn't even
sure the button was in the system tray until I checked for it.  At least
Microsoft isn't forcing us to upgrade to Windows 10, although from comments
I have heard through the grapevine, I have a feeling that they are
trying to
encourage their customers to upgrade, just like A I Squared encourages its
customers to upgrade Window-eyes, smile.  .