From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+gosselin_louis=myfairpoint....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:56 PM
To: Chris Skarstad; Window-Eyes Discussion List; Steve Clower
Subject: Re: Can I turn off the clanger in Outlook

Sorry about entering this thread a bit late.

I am the one who started the thing about the clanger <smile>. And, the only
reason I thought of it that way was due to the disturbance it causes when it
goes off early in the morning before my wife wishes to rise, and it wakes
her up.

Actually, I really don't mind this sound affect all that much myself, but
just wish there was a convenient way to turn it down without having to
prepare for it by fiddling with all of my volume controls in order to keep
from disturbing the spouse. If there were a way to control the volume
through WE, that would help a lot.

On 6/26/2015 12:23 PM, Chris Skarstad via Talk wrote:
> I just listened to the file in question and I'm not sure where people
> are coming up with this "clanger" thing? It actually reminds me of a
> doorbell, at least with Windows 7. I'm not sure if the windows 8.1
> sound for the information bar is different for that, but for win 7 I'd
> actually call that more of a doorbell, ding dong! Either way, it's
> good that that particular sound can be turned off easily. I like it,
> because it lets me know a download is ready to go, or something else
> with the information bar needs my attention.
>

> On 6/26/2015 7:49 AM, Steve Clower via Talk wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The sound indicates that the notification bar has appeared in
>> Outlook. To turn it off, open Window-Eyes with Control-Backslash,
>> navigate to Apps -> Outlook Enhance, and press Enter on "Play sound
>> when Outlook information bar appears."
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve

List archives can be found at