Thanks Doug for the response. But I use Firefox. I'll give IE a try and see if it works better. Maybe I won't have this problem once my notebook updates to windows ten. I'm still using Vista on a laptop which is where I'm having this problem of landing on the previous link and I think IE is a older version that won't upgrade beyond 9. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Geoffray via Talk" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
To: <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: previous link

Brice,

This is a function of the browser.  No matter how you get to a page,
Window-Eyes will start at the focused element.  Most times when you hit
enter on a link and then go back to the page with that link the browser
will focus the link...sighted people want this as well. But, I've seen
IE get into a state where it won't focus the previous link.  Even
without Window-Eyes I've seen this.  I was never able to figure out what
specific setting was causing IE to stop doing this...or maybe there was
some sort of corruption.  But I believe I fixed it by going to IE's
Internet Options dialog, selecting the Advanced tab, tabbing to the
Reset button and resetting all of IE's defaults.  Once I did this and
restarted IE, it started focusing the link when I went back...both with
and without Window-Eyes.  So I would give that a try.

Doug