Hi: I think it was Mike, might be wrong, who did the experimentation of
resolving a WE lockup by having his chess program run on a dedicated thread
- background thread most likely.
I was just mucking with my parallelized project this morning and considering
the possibility of WE running on a dedicated thread as he had suggested.
To understand the potential of this reducing or eliminating lockups I was
wondering if anyone knows if WE runs on the UI thread or if it could
conflict with the ui thread in any way.
If it was running on the UI thread and the UI thread locked up, or we locked
up, the other program would lock up.
That is if IE locks up WE would go dead. If WE locks up IE goes dead.
I don't recall how WE runs or how it determines what threads it can, or can
not use at any given time if I ever heard it.
There are some of the more experienced scriptors and AI Squared folks
floating around this list so if you have anything let me know so I can think
about creating some type of testing if it is even possible being a client
and not having access to the code base itself.
Rick USA