Hi and Thanks Guys: OK, read Marks tutorial on getting Windows 10 with WE
9.2.
He glosses over getting and configuring the Installer.
I am getting the pop up window with a button to install Windows 10 and have
the reserve your copy of windows 10 or whatever the button is in the system
tray.
Do I need my computer name or other credentials other than my logon password
that I currently enter on the login screen every time I boot up the
computer?
How do I ensure the most recent version, build, of windows 10 will be
downloaded and installed?
During configuration of the installer what types of things will I need to do
and what information will I need to have on hand if any to configure the
installer?
I will have to put anything I need on a tape recorder if numbers or
passwords etc...
He also mentions when the system starts he did something, hit enter, to
close the windows loc screen so the enter user password screen comes up.
What is this all about since I don't get it when I boot up in windows 9.2
and we 8.1?
Will it continue to be in the logon process every time I boot or ReBoot the
new system?
He also did not address Eloquence, in the past WE required jumping through
some hoops to get the files back but according to Microsoft all files should
be left intact after the upgrade so has WE fixed that problem?
I guess that's about all I need to make some type of plan.
My external disk is too small to do a image copy of my current c drive so
that option is out but I have my major projects backed up on it so they
should be safe.
Anyone done anything else to ensure success?
I think I will wait for some sighted help before I try this puppy but will
do it myself while they watch what is going on just for a added level of
safety.
Later and thanks for any pointers guys, sigh, why is everything such a
hassle in life these days.
What ever happened to just push the button and get the job done and done
right for simple minded folks like me?
Rick USA