Hi:
I found 2 settings so far that impact lockups and, or, crashes.
The software rendering setting I described earlier and now I can further
reduce long pauses and lockups by checking or unchecking the block activeX
setting under the Tools Menu in Internet Explorer.
Crashes are caused when something that IE is trying to load or run crashes
or has delays.
Some of these are activeX controls.
On pages that use these for things like audio / video or advertising
blocking the activeX execution will make things run smother and cleaner.
On some pages blocking activeX might cause a video not to play, others the
videos will still play normally.
I am now checking block activeX on sites I want to read or use in any way
but if I get a problem with something not playing like a video I Uncheck
this setting.
There is a tracking setting I have not played with but, from what I have
read, is akin to the adBlock software with lists and all that jazz and I may
try that out sooner or later unless we get Edge pretty soon.
But then there is getting to be allot of settings to try and coordinate
whenever you want something on a page to just render properly without any
lengthly pauses or crashes me thinks.
I can remember to turn on or off activeX for various sites and even cpu
versus software rendering I use but adding another setting into the mix is
going to get pretty confusing to fix quickly if something doesn't work as
advertised on some site.
Rick USA