Go to control panel, look for something that says turn Windows features on
and off.

Charlie Short

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+clshort=verizon....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:48 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Could someone please quickly tell me how to turn off Windows toggle
switches?

Well good morning everybody!

I just need a bit of advice on how to turn off and on toggle switches in
Windows. I was playing around with some of the personalization settings, and
I think I remember something about a switch using a keyboard combination,
but I don't quite remember where I was when I read about it. I know there
are toggles, and not being very familiar with these settings, I don't even
understand all that much about how they work and what the effects are and
how they are applied.

I did manage to turn on something that makes both the numlock and capslock
keys beep, and would like to figure out how to turn these off on the fly.

I was in these settings to try to change the shading background on my
desktop, and I ended up with high contrast, which at the moment I don't mind
all that much, because I like seeing new lines appear on my screens as I am
reading/listening to email or a book. But I think I would like to be able to
toggle these settings off and on if at all possible. And even if I can't I
would like to know the secret of how to turn them off and on.

Thanks,

Larry
List archives can be found at