I just got around to taking a look at this. I thought Narrator read normally with arrow keys. What a ridiculous thought.

Anyway, here's what you have to do.
Caps lock+Up or Down arrow to move through the list of navigation units. For example, you can set it to lines or paragraphs. Then you have to use Caps lock+Left or Right arrow to move by those units.
There's also a read to end hotkey: Caps lock+M.
All the commands can be viewed by hitting Caps lock+F1. I only skimmed the surface to find these basic commands.

Hth,
Tom