From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+cgrabowski=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Neville via Talk
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 10:31 PM
To: Window Eyes <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: anti virus

Hi,

Using WE 10 64 bit and latest WE.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a speech friendly anti virus
programme with firewall which can be used to stop or allow traffic?

For years I have used Vipre Internet Security for these functions but
the past few versions have been just about impossible to use with
speech.  Particularly if  it comes up with files which it thinks  could
be a virus. Seeing Defender, shortly after a clean install of W10, did
not find anything,    these were more than likely false positives.

Someone on this list did send me a link to an earlier speech friendly
version of the Vipre interface but, although it worked well under W7 32
bit, would not install under W10 64 bit. The update nag screens were
getting to be rather annoying though.

Also, does anyone know of some sort of hardware switch or device which
could be employed to stop or allow the traffic travelling along the
cable between the modem and the desktop when required?  i.e. Both the
computer and modem could be left running but the desktop would be
isolated from the modem and hence the net.  The wireless part of the
modem would be still functional but the computer would be off line.

Thanks
Neville.