From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+cgrabowski=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Dan Rathburn via Talk
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 12:48 PM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: Microsoft Speech Annoyance

Hello,

I'm using the Microsoft Speech Platform with the U.S. English voice, WE 9.4
and Windows 7 HP.  The problem is that it expands abreviations to whole
words even when it's not appropriate.  For example, instead of saying
"Wizard of OZ" it says "Wizard of Ounce" or the word "miss" is pronounced
"Mississippi" regrardless of the context.  I've played with the settings in
the Screen tab in the WE control panel but nothing helps.  Is there a fix or
is it a limitation of the synthesizer?

For those in the U.S., have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks,

Dan