wishful thinking.
look for another job. when aisquared murges with freedom most aisquared employees will be fired. this happened with both my parents when humble oil bought out signal oil. they promised all the signal oil employees would be retained. that lasted for 6 months then all signal people were fired. they only wanted humble oil employyees working for them that would remain loyal to the company.

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Geoffray via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:18 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: VFO acquisition of Ai Squared

Hello everyone,

I wanted to chime in here and give my personal thoughts to the bombshell
released today regarding VFO (the parent company of Freedom Scientific
and Optelec) acquiring Ai Squared.  And by bombshell, I don't mean a bad
thing, I just mean it is shocking and unexpected news.

I know this may seem scary to many people.  I know that we have a great
number of extremely loyal customers who may be feeling betrayed. There
are lots of legit concerns and questions that I'm sure come to
everyone's minds.  But honestly, nobody knows the answers at this
point.  We are just starting the discussions internally of how best to
take all our new resources, talent, products, etc. and meld them
together to give the best customer experience.  For the next 6 months or
so, it will be business as usual. After the 6 months, who knows at this
point but I can guarantee the customers will benefit from the results.
Nobody will be abandoned or taken advantage of, etc.  I'm very impressed
with John Blake (CEO of VFO).  I truly believe John is in this for the
customer.

Personally, I'm extremely excited with the possibilities.  Think about
it, we now have all the best minds in this industry under one roof.
Instead of us duplicating resources, we can combine them and inovate.
Although Freedom has been our number one competitor since Dan and I
started GW Micro in 1990, I've always had great respect for their
engineers.  Okay, I've had questions about their corporate leadership, a
certain lawsuit comes to mind (smile), but that was a completely
different leadership team.  That was a different owner and a different
CEO.  Vector has an outstanding reputation.  John Blake has shown great
leadership and concern for the customer. Under this new leadership and
available resources, I'm ready to take that and do whatever it takes to
have the best possible solutions for our customers, for every low vision
and blind person out there.

People may be concerned about lack of competition causing innovation and
quality to suffer.  Nothing can be further from the truth. There is
still plenty of competition out there, including free options but we
have the determination and drive, starting at the corporate level all
they way down to provide the best quality products, hands down.  Yes,
this will take some time to prove but I'm hoping that everyone out there
will give us that opportunity. Again, I'm putting everything I have into
this venture and I wouldn't do that if I didn't believe in it.

Regards,
Doug

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com