Hi Rod:
There seems to be problems with WE and a hidden window called Microsoft
Management Console that is used by allot of the Microsoft operating
sub-systems.
I am not sure if Task Scheduler is among them since a heavy weight friend of
mine helped me narrow down the problem to this hidden window and that WE
tends to lose focus or lock up when this hidden windows contents are
changed.
This is not the case with JAWS and I am not familiar with nvda usage.
My problem is that I get periodic slowdowns and sometimes lockups while in
things like Notepad or even my own visual studio created platform created
with WE accessibility in mind from the ground up.
This may be a result of background or operating system activities using the
Microsoft Management Console behind the scenes, WE losing focus and if WE
gets into the hidden window you would get no arrow key action, usually no
tab responses but things like alt-tab will navigate around open applications
since the Microsoft Management Console is just one of the objects in the
list.
System Management, Admin tools, Feedback processes and other system tools
use this Microsoft Management Console window behind the scenes and make it
visible when appropriate but it is likely WE is not working properly with
it, not sure.
There must be some on list who use things like setting performance counters,
monitoring and customizing performance reports and use the system logs but
so far today I have not heard from them.
Again I run a dell optiplex, W10 Pro.
I want to figure out what is going on so I can learn to use my machine
properly to analyze and debug performance issues but I cant even use the
bloody tools to figure out what is causing the problem since I cant, so far,
get WE to work properly with the Admin tools like the Performance Counters,
Performance Reports and even the bloody System Logs.
I hope someone knows how to do these things using WindowEyes - they all work
perfectly with JAWS per my friend demonstrating this morning.
Rick USA

system but WE seems to be getting lost and, so far, I have not found a way
to use my operating system tools with WindowEyes.
Also, the various feedback mechanisms use this window and when my WE locks
up and I first start Navigator the only thing I hear is "Send us feedback"
but there is no indication of where it is coming from, the we title bar will
read whatever I was in like "Desktop Normal" but no arrow key actions nor
tab actions unless I alt tab or minimize or something and this sure sounds
like a result of a hidden window grabbing the attention of WE and we not
handling it correctly, or not, just don't know.
I have been looking at getting a copy of JAWS which may be a prudant thing
to do anyway.
There is allot of complexity to the Windows Operating system and you can do
things like set performance counters to determine what apps or events are
causing things like intermittent lockups or slowdowns but so far not with
WindowEyes since the tools are all loaded and managed in the Microsoft
Management Console window and it looks like WE staff may not have known this
or addressed it or whatever - it just isnt working properly.
Perhaps there is some setting but these tools are the fundemental tools for
maintaining and managing your computer so you would think WE would have
addressed this as a primary accessibility feature of their platform and the
Windows Operating System but perhaps not.
I am interested in if there are any computer people on list who know what I
am talking about since most of us are sort of novice users and don't really
know anything about our machines.
There might be a few folks who do know how to use their machines at this
level and I am hoping they can point me in a direction to get all the
Windows Management tools working properly with WindowEyes - JAWS is like$900
- ouch and ouch again not to mention the new learning curve, ouchers big
time.
 Anyway, that's my story and Im sticking to it and I hope someone on list
will either chime in with something or straighten out my misunderstandings.
Hay, not knowing is not bad but not knowing and not knowing that you don't
know, like I was this morning,
If WE really will not work with the Windows OS and its management
facillities WE is sort of useless except for browsing and some general usage
so long as nothing goes amis.