I did get it to work after much work, I think I had to install the
driver by downloading from their site and you have to watch what model
of the board you have as well.  I am not sure what their status is, if
they have a windows 10 driver or not.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:34:41 -0400,
Van Lant, Robin via Talk wrote:

> Anyone on here have the Opticbook 3600 scanner?  I was using it for scanning
> books into Kurzweil 1000 a few years ago and had it working on my WE 8.1
> laptop, but cannot get my new Windows 10 laptop to recognize it when I insert
> the driver CD.  When I plug it into the USB port, it chimes as if Win 10 sees
> it, but it's not prompting me with a new hardware installation.  I went to
> Control panel to see if I could find it and there is a reference to a generic
> USB scanner , but when I try to run the driver CD, I get a pop up that says
> scanner cannot be found.  A web search I did for win 10 drivers gave me the
> impression that I should be able to use my old CD to get basic drivers
> installed.
>

> Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager
> Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance
> 720-304-1060 | robin_van_l...@key.com
>

> This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
> is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or
> privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
> copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received
> this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and
> destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
>
> This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer,
> solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or
> sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as
> investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price,
> indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein
> is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without
> notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or
> to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the
> individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.
>
> The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative
> employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member
> NYSE/FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank
> N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital
> Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
>
> 127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
>
> If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services
> from Key send an e-mail to dnereque...@key.com
> <mailto:dnereque...@key.com>with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

How do
you spend it?