Hi, all.  Well, I have figured out how to change the sort order of messages.
I am now deleting unwanted messages, but I am also trying to keep certain
messages.  When I read a message and try to close it, I can't figure out how
to close it so that when I open thunderbird from the shortcut, the message
opens but I don't want it to open.    How do I get the inbox to open when I
launch thunderbird.  How do I keep the message from coming up that this
message is protected, yada yada yada.

Mike M.