I wonder if one can get the installer software for future use?

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Ringwald via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:33 AM
To: Talk
Subject: Microsoft Ending Support For WLM

Microsoft will end support for the Windows Essentials 2012 suite on January 10, 2017. If you use any of the suite’s component apps—Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, OneDrive, Family Safety, Windows Live Mail, or Live Writer—here’s what you need to know. Windows Essentials 2012 has been a popular suite of apps since its release, and a surprising number of people still use some of those component apps today. On January 10, 2017, Microsoft will end official support for the suite. You’ll still be able to use it, of course, but the apps will no longer receive updates of any kind, including security updates. You also won’t be able to download the installer software anymore, either. If you still use Windows Essentials 2012, read on to find out what the end of official support means to you and where you can look for alternatives.
You Can Keep Using Windows Essentials 2012
Official support for Windows Essentials 2012 will end, but that doesn’t mean you have to quit using it. If you’ve already got it installed, you can keep on using it just like you always have. Just be aware that there will be no future updates, including security updates. For users of Windows Live Mail, having no security updates will matter the most. For the other apps in the suite, it’s less important.

Bob Ringwald piano, Solo, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet
Fulton Street Jazz Band (Dixieland/Swing)
916/ 806-9551
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV

I don't mean to brag but … I finished my 14-day diet food in 3 hours and 20 minutes ...

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/russ94577%40gmail.com. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com