I think, I could be wrong, but you need to install WE 9.00 before installing 9.4.

However, since you purchased the disc, perhaps that part is taken care of and you don't need Ver 9.0.

-Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Terri Pannett via Talk
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 9:59 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: questions

Hi, List,

I bought and downloaded WindowEyes 9.5.4 and installed it over the top
of my 8 something version of WindowEyes.  It didn't work with my
programs as well as the old version did.  I didn't realize that I needed
to have version 9.3 in my PC for the upgrade to work.  I had 9.5.4
uninstalled and went back to WindowEyes 8.0.0.  I have gotten almost
everything set up the way I like it, but I do have some questions.

1.  I used to hear a harp sound before I heard the speech say,
WindowEyes, but I don't hear the harp now.  Why?

2.  Yesterday, I extracted some talking books onto my cartridge.  I
heard the progress beeps but the speech and braille didn't show the
percentage of the download.  How can I fix this?

3.  When I open my inbox in Thunderbird, I hear "Thunderbird.set
associated none."  Should I change the association to thunderbird.set?
Everything else appears fine, but it seems odd the association should be
shown as none.

That's all for now.  Thanks for any help.

--
Terri Amateur radio call sign KF6CA

---
http://www.avg.com