Hi Tony:

As I remember from using JAWS in the past, there oare ways to make it
stop talking as much.  One way is to go to the JAWS submenu, press
Enter on Options, then Basics.  In that dialog, there is an item
called "tutor messages announce, which is on by default.  Just uncheck
the box to turn it off.
There may be other ways to minimize the amount of speech, but I don't
know off the top of my head.

Kevin Huber