This is weird. Today, I was booting my laptop running Windows Home Premium when I encountered a problem of which I have never heard previously. I have Window-eyes 9.5.4 set to boot after windows startup. Instead of hearing Eloquence with the Reid voice, I heard Dec access 32 say "window-eyes," no version number as normal, just Window-eyes.

When I went to investigate, I could not get into the control panel with control backslash. Nor could I do anything else. Whenever I would hit control shift t, The synthesizer would say "32770," without the quotation marks. The 1, 3, 7, and 9 would speak bottom left, bottom right, top left and top right, and the alphabet keys would speak normally. But I could not exit the program or do anything else. I forgot to mention that the numlock key would toggle on and off.

I'm hoping to get ideas as to how to deal with this. Thank goodness I have another machine. I haven't the slightest idea of how to boot in safe mode with this Asus laptop running Windows 7 home premium, but I'll have to get sighted help for that. If there are other strategies, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Don Roberts