Hi Folks,

You should stop all these NVDA roomers, it is starting to sound like
alternative facts!

Here below is straight facts from the source, NVDA themselves about their
future.

There are to many people who just do not take the time to do research and go
to the source, but spread false statements!

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your e-mail and encouragement.  Firstly, let me reassure your
concerns about our future.  As an open source project managed by a
not-for-profit organisation overseen by a board of directors, it is not
possible for us to be bought out.  In any case, we have a very strong and
committed user base of contributors, and we, in turn, are very committed to
them.

Well established as the second most popular Windows screen reader, we are
definitely interested in continually increasing the number of Braille
displays we work with.  We are working with HumanWare on the driver for
their new device, but I don't have an expected completion date at this stage
I'm afraid.

Regarding the best way to get around the screen, we do work slightly
different to Window-Eyes, however, there are several options which, once you
are familiar with them, should get you around most situations:

- NVDA has a power Object Navigation feature which allows moving to parts of
a window which may be inaccessible via regular navigation commands.  The
review cursor can then often be used to read the text once a control has
been reached.

- The Golden Cursor add-on allows moving the mouse with the keyboard and
saving positions in applications to jump back to:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/goldenCursor.en.html

- Windows also has Mouse Keys built in which enables moving the mouse
pointer via the keyboard, see:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14204/windows-7-use-mouse-keys-to-m
ove-mouse-pointer for information.

In the first instance, I would consider whether Object Navigation can meet
the need for a particular application.  See the User Guide section on Object
Navigation for all the keys
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ObjectNavig
ation

For more detailed instruction as well as step by step activities, the Basic
Training for NVDA training material is a great place to start and comes in a
selection of formats: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Adaptive Information Systems Inc.