Thanks. I will give that a try the next time I have the PC turned on. Right now, I am sharing monitor cable and power cord. Since I need this one more, I can only do a little at a time with the other one. Small steps --little time, grin.

Carol

On 12/13/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Jacobson via Talk wrote:
Carol,

If you arrowed to the file, it may already have been selected.  I wonder if
Narrator may be incorrectly reporting the selection.  What happens if you
arrow to the file you want, do not press PSACE, do the CONTROL-C and paste?
I don't know if one can assume anything if Narrator remains silent when you
press CONTROL-C.

Best regards,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+steve.jacobson=visi....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Carol and Roger via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:36 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: Carol and Roger <carogsm...@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: Now for a new challenge?

Honest, I wouldn't joke about this one, grin.  I tried to copy and paste
a file to my new computer from an external drive.  I selected the by
pressing spacebar.  Narrator said selected.  I did ctrl-c and Narrator
said nothing.  OK, I thought maybe I didn't do it correctly.  So, I
deselected the file and did the same thing. Thinking it may just not
speak, I pasted it to the new drive. Nothing happened.  I looked for the
edit commands and did not find them.  So, where do they hide?

Carol