Thanks for the link.

Yes, they sure are aware of the screen reader issues - and have been so
ever since they started the whole 57+ cycle. What they don't tell in the
article you linked, is why they did not just fix it right away, when
they were to introduce version 58. Sounds somehow like the Microsoft
thing, where they took a pretty long time to have anything for a fix, in
the Edge browser issue. Being aware of a thing, does not automate you
will ever have a fix of it.

Well, let us keep positive. They are aware of the issues, and hope to
fix them. Now, what kind of issues is it they will fix? NVDA, and I
don't know Jaws, have had certain issues with modern versions of
Firefox. But they have still been able to read

SOMETHING

off the screen. WinEyes users, on the other hand, have been able to read
absolutely

     nothing

from the screen produced by version 57+. Even when we seemed to have
found a workaround, it took them less than a week to break even that
one, with a new "update". So when comes to them fixing things in a way
that WinEyes users again can go back to the latest ordinary version of
Firefox, I would not keep my breath - really. Chances are high, the
issues they are going to fix, will be the ones experienced by NVDA and Jaws.

For WinEyes users, currently you have to use the ESR version of the
Firefox - which most currently is at version 52.6. It updated here
yesterday, and still runs nicely with the screen reader. Let's just
hope, they don't break anything there, before they have fixed everything
in the main version.

Again, I do intend no negativity here, but wanted to keep things in
perspective.