i would look at the folder options in the windows views options. i don't know where to go for this with windows 10.
there are  options to group folders by name and this can be turned off.

-----Original Message----- From: Donald Roberts via Talk
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 7:13 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Cc: Donald Roberts
Subject: Question re window-eyes set files

I have two Windows 10 desktops running version 1803, and of course my screen reader of choice is Window-eyes 9.5.4.

On my Dell desktop, Window-eyes announces the names of the folders and drives in this pc just fine. I opted to do a clean install of Windows 10 and wipe the drive on my HP desktop. After installing Window-eyes, the drive and folder names are not stated. All I hear for each is "group status." However, if I hit enter on any of these, I hear the appropriate content although the drive and folder names are not verbalized. Conversely, if I load Jaws 18, drive and folder names are verbalized correctly.

This makes me wonder whether this is a set file issue, particularly because those things are properly verbalized on my Dell machine which as stated above is running W E 9.5.4.

If someone can shed some light on this problem and the appropriate fix, I would be most grateful.

Don Roberts

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com