Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:16 AM
To: Rod Hutton via Talk
Cc: Tom Kingston
Subject: Re: email

Hi Peter,
Unfortunately Rod's suggestion to disable your braille display won't
work. The function containing the conditional block that's throwing the
error is run regardless because it's where it checks to see if you're
using a braille display.
Fortunately all the conditional block is doing is seeing if you have a
newer version of the GW toolkit, which you do. The change was made
several versions back.
I believe the problem is due to a Windows security update that made type
checking in VBScript more strict.
So I removed every instance of that conditional block along with the
alternative code for the old version of the toolkit. I've built a new
installer package: windowslivemail.wepm.
* First, close Windows Live Mail and uninstall the Windows Live Mail app!
Then activate the link below to download my new installer from my
Dropbox. It should open a "Save as" dialog in your browser.
After downloading the file, focus it in explorer.
Press the Applications key to open the context menu.
Press R for properties.
Tab down to Unblock and press space to uncheck it.
Tab to the Apply button and press space.
Tab to the OK button and press space.
Now just press Enter on the wepm file to install it.
During the installation you should be prompted to accept the license
agreement. I did this to let you and anyone else who uses it know that
it's the new installer. I also changed the version from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32q204ix9ixmv2r/windowslivemail.wepm?dl=1

Let me know if you get any new errors. Now that I say this I should have
changed the app so it would send error reports to me. Oh well. Too late
now, which is to say, I'm lazy. Hahaahaaha!
Hth,
Tom