I'm not sure that it matters much whether it is 64 or 32-bit. Firefox is up to version 73.something now. Important thing is that Window-Eyes latest version is not going to work with it. You'll need NVDA or JAWS, whether you use the ESR Firefox or not. In my experience, W-E works somewhat with Chrome. I never tried it with Edge, especially the latest version of Edge; it might possibly work.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com
-----Original Message----- From: Martha via Talk
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2020 3:46 PM
To: t...@window-eyes.com
Cc: Martha
Subject: OT - Firefox

As far back as 2017, there was a problem with a FF release for screen
reader users. As I recall, it was recommended that screen reader users
rollback to  an ESR version and disallow auto updates.
Fast forward to March 2020. I am now running a Windows 10, 64-bit, OS,
version 1909.
The version of Firefox is 68.5.0 ESR, 64-bit.

A sighted friend was going to update FF for me, but, he was thrown off
by the ESR version. He was also concerned that more current versions of
FF were not 64-bit.

Anybody got any advice on what version of FF I should be running?

Thanks.

Martha