Listers, and Rod Hutton in particular, since he and I have been trying to figure this one out for a while.

OK, lets start from the beginning.

Early this morning, I learned on another list that FS is offering JAWS for home users free of charge from today (apparently) until June 30. The interesting thing from my perspective was that I was planning to purchase the annual subscription today, until this opportunity suddenly presented itself. But here is the kicker.

For some reason, after installing JAWS, it occurred to me that maybe I should check and see if this installation might make some kind of a difference with Window-Eyes's browse mode, and lo and behold, Window-Eyes seems to have now Ben rehabilitated. for an example, I can now go to the BARD site using IE, and my headers are back. I can also tab backward from the login edit box and go directly to the login button, where I couldn't do that, at least not since I brought my computer home from the shop.

I have no idea what might have been the problem, other than that some how a component of Windows having to do with browse mode might either have been missing, or maybe simply corrupted. And that's why I turned to those far more technically savvy for some insight into what might be going on with this thing.

I decided to opt for the JAWS annual plan because I really need to get used to being without Window-Eyes as soon as at all possible. But to think that by installing it's former rival would have lead to its resurrection is quite baffling.

Oh well, I've got nothing else to say about it at the moment, so I will await any input from you all, if you should think that this phenomena is at all as interesting to you as it is to me <smile>.

Larry