OH OK are you using an old Windows 3.1 machine or is it a virtual machine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+skyt=shaw...@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Joseph Norton via Talk
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 4:54 PM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Cc: joseph.nor...@gmail.com
Subject: Going Way back even earlier than Butch

Hi listers:

I just got Windows 3.1 running and installed Window-Eyes 3.1 with Text
Assist in DosBox using their SoundBlaster 16 emulation and it doesn't sound
too bad.

One thing I'm curious about, though is volume.

Every time I bring Windows up when WE is using Text Assist, the volume keeps
getting lower and lower, until one can hardly hear it.  You can't use
Window-Eyes's volume keystrokes to change it.  I might be able to get
CTMixer to do it, but, I'll need a little sighted help to see if the
keyboard can be used for this.  I think I can turn up the main volume and
it'll work correctly, but, I may have to do it every time.

Funny, though, if I use KeyNote gold MultiMedia, it doesn't do that.

Anyone remember a problem like this?

List archives can be found at