Hi Butch,

Yes, well, Winamp would have to be open in order to be playing.
Also, I assume you were running Windows 10?
If so, I could probably look for a free  or relatively inexpensive timer app
which would do the trick.
If you don’t care about the interface, I could probably write a batch file with
a command line audio player playing the files I mentioned.
It’s really up to your personal preference.

All the best,

Rod

Sent from my iPod

> On Mar 12, 2022, at 9:26 AM, Butch Bussen via Talk
> <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:
>
> I suppose tht would work, but wouldn't I have to keep that window open?
> Also, the timer is nice as it goes off on the ten minute mark.
> I didn't know what was involved.
> 73
> Butch
> WA0VJR
> Node 3148
> Wallace, ks.
>

>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2022, Rod Hutton via Talk wrote:
>>
>> Hi Butch,
>>
>> I appreciate your willingness to compensate me for writing a nap for you.
>> Actually, I think the solution is simpler than the need to write an app.
>> If you use Winamp, for example, you could create A simple playlist comprised
>> of two files, one being silent and the length of the timer you need, and the
>> second a little file which sounds the alarm,.
>> Then, it is simply a matter of turning the repeat function of your media
>> player on.
>> So, on your media player, you press play.
>> If you don’t hear anything, then probably the silent file is playing, and ,
>> If you like, you press next track, in which case you would probably hear the
>> alarm sound.
>> Then, the playlist wraps around and starts playing the silent file again.
>> So simple, a?
>> If you save the little playlist as a Winamp playlist or M3U playlist, you
>> can execute it whenever you like.
>> The key to using the playlist is the file association, that is,  Setting
>> Winamp to execute playlist files.
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Take care,
>>
>> Rod
>>
>> Sent from my iPod

>>> I use that script daily, but have to load window-eyes to run it.  I often
>>> run nvda these days.  You had mentioned once about makeing a stand alone
>>> program.  If possible, what would it involve.  I'd pay you something for
>>> doing it.  Reply to but...@shellworld.net
>>> or
>>> but...@fairpoint.net
>>>
>>> Thanks.