Greetings,

To work around the evaluation copy error message when WE starts up, do the
following:

1.  From the Window-Eyes control panel, go to File -> Explore Profile Folder.
2.  Open the wineyes.ini file.
3.  Add the following line to the [misc] section:
AllowUpgradeCheckOnStartup=0
4.  Save the file.
5.  Back in Window-Eyes, go through each running app under the Apps menu, and
set them all to no longer check for updates at startup.
6.  Restart the program.

Once done, you should, in theory, be all set. This tip was passed along to me
from a reliable source who would prefer to remain anonymous. I hope it helps
someone.

Best,
Steve