Hi all,

I was wondering about going to the local records office to look at old maps.
Maybe use some to speed up an initial set of data for OSM (and building
outlines which I can't get), and maybe just use some for interest to use on
my website etc.

What are the copyright rules about maps?
 - I roughly knew older than 50 years and the work losses all protection,
hence why we can use NPE maps.
 - But I've just read this webpage that seems to say 70 years(point 6.1)
http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law
 - Would I still need permission from the record office to reproduce as they
own the physical copy of the map (in addition to their general rules of
copying to use for research)?

Maybe this should go to the legal list, but I'm not subscribed (and don't
really wish to be), so sorry if this can't be answered on general talk.

--
Gregory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]