Martin Trautmann wrote:

> I did not understand how to remove the footway, make xyz a real T
> crossing and add this D-shaped footpath properly.

To join a way to another way in Potlatch, you simply hover over the
other way - its nodes will highlight in blue - and click it.

At present way 23092013 (z) is not connecting with 22741194 (x) or
4599113 (y). If you click the erroneous point at the end of z and
press Delete/Backspace, you can then join it properly to where it
should be.

(Same goes for the footpath to the east of it.)

> But maybe this example shows how difficult it is for a beginner to
> identify the proper commands and manual interaction!?

When I have time Potlatch will get its own built-in help. Until then
there's the wiki pages which are linked from the start-up screen.

cheers
Richard