Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro <at> arjam.net> writes:

> Someone asked this question on another list. I'm wondering what people
> here would suggest? - Perhaps osmarender to make a map, then edit it in
> Inkscape to remove things not needed.
>
> Does anyone know of software that will allow you to pick and choose the
> towns and other features that appear in a printed outline map? Suppose,
> for example, that I was planning a Spurr Pilgrimage Tour: how could I
> print an outline map of England that would show only Birmingham,
> Stansted, Evesham and Westminster Abbey (without any other towns or
> features appearing)?

Would it be too GIS-ish option to import OSM data into PostGIS with osm2pgsql
and then read only the desired features with a query to some PostGIS enabled
client like OpenJUMP, uDig of QGIS? Or even through route PostGIS-WFS server-WFS
client. I am using both options and they work fine.

-Jukka Rahkonen-