Hi,

> If all the rings were closed and the roles where correctly defined then
> there is a relatively simple algorithm to reconstruct the multipolygons
> without needing too much memory or CPU overhead.

I may be a bit slow here but couldn't we then just one-by-one fix the
existing multipolygons so that they have proper roles and the outer
ring is closed (beats me how anyone could think that you can have a
polygon with a hole where the outer ring is NOT closed but if you say
that's what people did...).

I would expect that all tools working with multipolygons in one way or
another should not require any changes. Indeed many probably make the
assumption that the outer ring is closed anyway...

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'