> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:54:59 +0000
> From: Alilo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [OSM-talk] Teleatlas file format
> To: "Talk Openstreetmap" <talk@openstreetmap.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> Does any one know what file format or database Teleatlas/navteq uses
> for the maps they are selling to their clients?
> Is there a sample file somwhere? I searched and didn't find any.

We have bought Navteq data and OS data in MIF/MID format which is pretty
simple.

One can also normally request it as:
ESRI Shape file, MapInfo TAB

This looks useful, they seem to offer downloads in different formats
http://www.xyzmaps.com/sample.htm

There are many others (see this quote)!
"You can also use the built-in converters to convert maps from MapInfo
MIF/MID, ESRI SHP, ESRI .E00, TIGER, SDTS, VPF, DLG, and AutoCAD DXF or DWG
formats, as well as over 75 other formats.  Manifold can read terrain
elevation data and satellite photos in all popular formats.  US government
servers are a great source for hundreds of thousands of free maps and data
sets.  Since Manifold can import data from Oracle OCI, ODBC, OLE DB, ADO
.NET databases as well as file-oriented database formats like DBF, XLS, MDB
and many others, numerous "text" and other format databases may be used to
create maps."
http://www.manifold.net/explore/faq.html

See link here for an example order form: