Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> I suggest setting up a server dedicated to grabbing a planet every week,
> processing it for boundaries, and automatically generating the is_in tags.

Server and boundary-processing is great; don't think we should
automatically add is_in tags, though. If (as you, Andy and I have all
now separately suggested, I think) the information can be fairly
easily extracted from boundaries, there is no point in duplicating
this in the database.

Better just to provide a webservice that, given a lat/long, can tell
you what country (/county/parish) it's in.

cheers
Richard