David Muir Sharnoff wrote:
>Sent: 23 May 2008 1:02 AM
>To: Talk Openstreetmap
>Subject: [OSM-talk] How can wide intersections be mapped?
>
>I'm trying to figure out how to represent an intersection that
>is very wide: a traffic circle could placed in the middle without
>moving the edges.
>
>I've tried adding extra ways for various ways across the
>expanse but it doesn't look right.
>
>Suggestions?

It's normal to represent the individual physical routes as separate ways but
not to add extra ways just because the location is wide. Ultimately we can
add width information or area information to deal with these instances.
Adding extra ways that are not really there will only confuse those using
the data for routing etc.

I think you will find that most maps (paper or online) draw the junction
simplistically unless they are rendering an area.

Cheers

Andy