2008/5/29 Steve Chilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Scotland and Wales are countries.

Only in the same traditional folk-consciousness way that Bavaria or
Hessen are. So while it's certainly an important thing to reflect on
the map, the boundaries between the UK components (sub-countries?)
shouldn't render the same as those between actual states.

> Don't think the border between N Ireland and Rep of Ireland has been
> digitised yet.

It has, but it's inaccurate. I've been correcting it in stages. But
Juan is right - whereas it used to appear on the Mapnik layer, it has
now vanished. I think the problem here is that there's great variety
in how boundaries are currently tagged. I didn't originally tag the
Irish border, so I haven't bothered to check whether it corresponds
with latest thinking.

BTW, Juan, you should probably avoid suggesting to Irish people that
they live on a British island ;)

Dermot