Dave Stubbs wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Shaun McDonald
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I don't know any examples of "towns" straddling state boundaries,
>>> but "towns"
>>> straddling county boundaries are common enough to break the model.
>>>
>>> Here is one example of a city that is "part of" three counties:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora%2C_Colorado
>>>
>>> The authority of the municipalities is granted by the states, not by
>>> the
>>> counties.
>> Here's another. Worcester Park sits on the boundary of 3 English
>> counties
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.38053&lon=-0.24354&zoom=15&layers=B00FF
>>

> How's that relevant?
> Is there a Worcester Park administrative area that you know of
> straddling the boundaries?

ACTUALLY it may well be that one authority is responsible for some aspects
even where the area is in a different county. I pay RATES to Gloucestershire,
but the Business premises are a Worcestershire postal address. Things are
simply not black and white when it comes to abstract concepts like boundaries ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL