OpenStreetMap's State Of The Map 2008 Conference is in Limerick, Ireland
Sat-Sun July 12th and 13th 2008 http://www.stateofthemap.org/registration/. See
you there?

It took my mother to point out that we really could not have a conference in
Limerick without writing a limerick for it.  So I asked her to write one and
have set up a wiki page for any more entries.

A limerick is a five-line poem with a strict form:  A-A-B-B-A rhyme with two
long, two short, one long sentence. Probably a peculiarly British obsession.

A GPS mapper named Mike,
Covered 62 miles on his bike,
But was rueful to find,
At the end of the grind,
That the said GPS was on strike.

See if you can do any better.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/State_Of_The_Map_2008/LimerickPoemCompetition

In the event of an overwhelming number of entries, there'll be three categories:

1) Limerick's you would show your mother and that she just might understand.

2) Dubious limericks that you certainly would not show your mother.

3) Obscure jargon-ridden limericks that no-one except hard core OSM mappers
would understand.

Mike