El Miércoles, 16 de Julio de 2008, Alex Mauer escribió:
> Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 16 de Julio de 2008, David Janda escribió:
> >> I cannot find any suitable tabs, and here in Northern Cyprus the fire
> >> breaks are strips of land with all growth removed.
> >
> > I'd just tag a highway=footway, and break up any landuse=forest areas.
>
> Are they definitely usable as footways?

At least in Spain, they are. We have these 6-to-10-meter wide firebreaks all
over the place, built in such a way so fire response teams can actually use
them to drop a fire team.

Funny thing: In some areas, shepherds get paid by the goverment if they drive
the sheep herds through the fire breaks to ensure there are is no low
vegetation in them.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three benefits:
freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to use either.
                -- Mark Twain