Erik,

Some answers below:

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Erik Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Nick Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Some ideas I have include regular
>> email updates and blog posts that summarise the different projects
>> that the Foundation are working on.
>
> Do you have any experience with this?

Yes, together with Barry Crabtree I used to write weekly reviews of
the OSM mailing list on OpenGeoData (eg
http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=206).  I kept the reviews up for a
couple of months, but longer term than that is unsustainable.  For the
OSMF I'd try to encourage more participation in writing updates like
this and probably send them out less often so that the work doesn't
become overwhelming.

I'm asking because I know this
> is something many people promise when they get elected to a board, but
> then never have time for. If you have experience with it I'm sure you
> can manage, but if not you should be aware that it's a lot harder than
> you might think. I speak from experience, while working for my student
> union we hired a communicator to get the word out, it helped but even
> with a full time employee it was hard to get enough info out to the
> members.
>
> About State of the map, seems to have been a very successful event. I
> wish I could have gone to them.
>
> I'm very happy you are running for board member, your agenda seems sane.
>
> /Emj

Nick Black