On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM, David Earl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> The problem was that when I switched it to using the daily planet gz
> instead of bz2 files, I hadn't realized that the name of the XML tag for
> additions also changed from "<add ..." to "<create ...". The log files
> all look reasonable: it was showing a large number of ways etc being
> processed, but of course it was only counting modified ones, not new
> ones, skipping the entries enclosed by "create" completely. So I only
> discovered this when I searched for some streets I added this week and
> couldn't find some but did find others (those I had later modified) and
> investigated why.

> Sorry about this. The rules changed under my feet!
>
> Are you sure?  I didn't remember changing anything in this space so checked
svn.  My original osmosis code import to svn in September 2007 had the xml
tag named as "create".  The same code is used for creating the xml within
the bz2 and gz files so there shouldn't be any difference between the two.
The difference between the bz2 and gz processes was in the extract
automation, not the database and xml code.

I wouldn't bring it up except that it sounds like you might be missing more
data than just that which changed in the past couple of weeks.

Brett