Hi,

> I'm after a GPS system which I can use to provide data for OSM maps
> and as a 'normal' GPS system to tell me where to go when I'm on my
> motorbike.  Is there anything which can provide both facilities or
> should I give up and buy two separate devices?
>
> It's doubtful (to me) if on-screen maps are much use, too distracting,
> so a system which can provide voice instructions via bluetooth (or
> whatever) would seem to be best for the 'bike.
>
> A receiver which can link up with a PDA might make sense as I need a
> new PDA anyway.
>
> So, rather an open-ended question but I'd appreciate any/all input.

have a look at the Nokia N810. Not a cheap solution, as you'll need an
external GPS BT mouse (the internal chip does not the best job) and a routing
license for the built in map application (which I never used).

Besides that, you get a completely open linux system where you can use maemo
mapper (which also supports speech output of precalculated routes) or navit
(an oss routing application which also supports osm data) to log your traces.

It's not the best PDA as it doesn't get shipped with some essential
applications, but there is third party software available.

Cheer,

ce (who is not in bed with Nokia :)