Matthew Flint wrote:
> Deal all,
>
> I'd like to propose a new tag, "historic=stocks". Stocks are devices
> used in medieval times for public humiliation and corporal punishment,
> and are still to be found (but not used, alas!) around the UK.
>
> I would welcome comments on the Proposed Features page:
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/stocks
>
> Matthew

Perhaps if you made it amenity=stocks, they might get used?

But seriously I think this is a small enough usage that you just do it;
it isn't going to get rendered unless by a historical society. Any idea
how many there actually are?

If we had one round here the vandals would burn it down. Probably whilst
in it..

Mark